Version 3.2.6, released 2017-Feb-14
- Storage engine update: SQLite version bumped to 3.17.0.
Version 3.2.5, released 2017-Jan-27
- Security fix: OpenSSL version bumped to 1.0.2k;
- Installer improved: less buttons to click. Microsoft Speech Runtime is now installed in passive mode.
Version 3.2.4, released 2017-Jan-08
- Storage engine update: SQLite version bumped to 3.16.2.
Version 3.2.3, released 2017-Jan-04
- Storage engine update: SQLite version bumped to 3.16.1.
Version 3.2.2, released 2017-Jan-03
- Storage engine update: SQLite version bumped to 3.16.0.
Version 3.2.1, released 2016-Nov-29
- Storage engine update: SQLite version bumped to 3.15.2.
Version 3.2, released 2016-Nov-18
- More visual styles added (see Options -> Appearance -> Style);
- Bulk send settings added in Options -> Email -> Account -> Sending messages.
Version 3.1.5, released 2016-Nov-05
- Storage engine update: SQLite version bumped to 3.15.1.
Version 3.1.4, released 2016-Oct-15
- Storage engine update: SQLite version bumped to 3.15.0.
Version 3.1.3, released 2016-Oct-02
- Security fix: OpenSSL version bumped to 1.0.2j.
Version 3.1.2, released 2016-Sep-14
- Privacy tab in Options renamed to Chat;
- Storage engine update: SQLite version bumped to 3.14.2.
Version 3.1.1, released 2016-Aug-09
- Some AI code refactoring for better scalability in the future;
- Storage engine update: SQLite version bumped to 3.14.0.
Version 3.1, released 2016-Jul-01
- Privacy tab added to Options;
- Storage engine update: SQLite version bumped to 3.13.0;
- Bugfix: Edited event now always treated as new, a not reminded yet.
Version 3.0.3, released 2016-May-04
- Security fix: OpenSSL version bumped to 1.0.2h;
- Storage engine update: SQLite version bumped to 3.12.2.
Version 3.0.2, released 2016-Mar-28
- Context menu added to Events, Address Book, and Mailing Lists windows;
- After moving Fay to new place on desktop, it will remember the new position.
Version 3.0.1, released 2016-Mar-24
- Fixed wrong behavior when receiving messages with option "Leave messages on server", which caused retrieving full messages every time and SQL error when adding duplicate messages to Inbox.
Version 3.0, released 2016-Mar-20
New major release. The whole software is redesigned from scratch. Many improvements, notably:
- SSL/TLS support for email;
- Support for multiple email accounts;
- Conversation function with speech synthesis and speech recognition and a kind of artificial intelligence with emotions;
- Support for 18 languages, including speech synthesis;
- Fast processing of large mailing lists (compare lists, etc.).
Version 2.9, released 2011-Dec-21
- Fixed non-working click-through transparency under Windows 7 and Vista;
- Fixed disappearing buttons under Windows 7 and Vista;
- Menu icons and tool button glyphs changed, giving more solid look and feel.
Version 2.8, released 2004-Oct-26
- Minor interface changes and bugfixes.
Version 2.7, released 2004-Jan-05
- Email client improved.
Version 2.6, released 2003-Nov-05
- Address book added.
Version 2.5, released 2003-Aug-15
- Changed windows colors; Improved look under Windows XP;
- Fay now not changes desktop color under newer Windows versions when transparency possible;
- Not popup on check mail event if there are no new messages;
- Port number setting added for POP3 and SMTP;
- SMTP password option added;
- When "Leave messages on server" option is on, Fay does not retrieve duplicate messages;
- Hide on inactivity option added;
- New context menu commands for check mail, create new messages and manage mailing lists;
- French language added;
- Email notifier, calculator and mailing lists manager are now free, non-expiring functions;
- Fixed problems with European characters in French, Italian and Portuguese interface.
Version 2.2, released 2003-Mar-09
- Portuguese (Brazilian) language interface added;
- New %FirstName and %LastName tags for personalizing outgoing email messages.
Version 2.1, released 2002-Dec-05
- Italian language interface added;
- Initial setup wizard improved - it now tries to guess SMTP and POP3 server and user name based on user's email address.
Version 2.0, released 2002-Nov-22
- Fay became smaller - takes less room on the screen;
- Transparent background (under Windows 2000/XP and later);
- Background color is now Windows XP standard blue (under Windows 95/98/ME); - Improved look, especially on LCD screens;
- Fixed Windows XP partial incompatibility (unable to end Windows XP session if Fay is running);
- Fixed problems with european characters;
- Added ability to edit mailing list entry;
- When comparing mailing lists, an option was added to copy duplicates to a new list.
- Silent reminders and alternative event animation; Reminders with custom sound.
- Fay now remembers the last type of event and uses it as the default type for a new event;
- Reminders are now listed in chronological order (not the order they were entered);
- Event message is not shown if another message is already on screen;
- Email folders (Drafts, Templates, Sent, Trash) were added in addition to the default Inbox. Provided the ability to save messages - sent, draft (work in progress), etc.
- Multiple simultaneous Send mail windows possible.
- Option to leave messages on the server;
- Initial setup wizard added on startup, with prompts to enter the required options.
- Multilanguage support (English and Russian only in this version).
Version 1.21, released 2002-Mar-19
- Bugs fixed.
Version 1.2, released 2002-Jan-22
- Help added;
- Internal implementation of Email functionality improved;
- Installer/Uninstaller improved.
Version 1.0, released 2001-Nov-21
- November 21 is Fay's birthday :)